FRANCE | SOUTHERN RHÔNE
A UNIQUE TERROIR
For centuries, Châteauneuf-du-Pape has given birth to exceptional wines that defy time and fascinate the wine lovers.
This place finds its everlasting magic in the divine trilogy formed by the sun, the wind and the well-known round pebbles. But Terroir is nothing without the sweat of men.
THE TEAM, A COMMON PASSION
Running a vineyard is like sailing and exploration. It is a human adventure where everyone plays a small role in the search for excellence. However this great ambition is only possible with humility and respect for all the elements that we never truly control but that make the journey thrilling.
OUR PROJECT: RECEIVE AND PASS ON
- Dedicating our energy and passion to the service of the historical terroir of Châteauneuf du Pape, a pearl of the French Cultural heritage.
- Playing our modest part to creating a healthy, sustainable and harmonious agriculture.
- Passing on our knowledge to the future generations so that the adventure goes on!
CHÂTEAUNEUF-DU-PAPE CATARINA BLANC
- An attractive expression of Clairette - floral freshness on the nose, followed by a little fennel freshness on the palate. It's gently plump, with acidity on the low side, but the aromatic brightness makes up for it. Full, rounded body, with ample puppy fat. Touch of almond nougat on the finish. Very Provençale. Organically grown on galets roulés and limestone terroir, it's fermented in 70% demi-muid (the rest in stainless steel) and then it's all aged for nine months in demi-muid.❞ – Matt Walls, Decanter World Wine (September 2019)
- 93 POINTS – Decanter World Wine (September 2019)
CHÂTEAUNEUF-DU-PAPE CATARINA ROUGE
90% Grenache + 10% Syrah
- Grown on galets, sand and limestone in lieux-dits Barbe d'Asne, Colombis, La Croze and Les Galimardes, the fruit here is all destemmed and fermented in concrete, then aged for 12 months in demi-muid. It has vibrant strawberry and raspberry leaf aromas with a tarragon back-note. The full-bodied palate is sweet and coating, with red fruits and ample wet-clay tannins. The alcohol does show a little, but it's nonetheless vibrant and joyful. Just 5,000 bottles made.❞ – Matt Walls, Decanter World Wine (October 2018)
- The 2017 Châteauneuf du Pape checks in as a blend of 90% Grenache and 10% Syrah raised all in demi-muids. Deep ruby purple colored with notes of black raspberries, black cherries, peppery garrigue and earth, it is medium to full-bodied, has solid overall balance, beautiful fruit and ripe tannins. This terrific beautifully textured 2017 is going to continue drinking beautifully for over a decade.❞ – Jeb Dunnuck (August 2019)
- Deep ruby red. Fresh dark berry and cherry scents are complemented by suggestions of lavender, baking spices and smoky minerals. Concentrated yet energetic on the palate, offering juicy boysenberry and cherry liqueur flavors that become spicier on the back half. Smooth and seamless in texture, showing very good clarity, building sweetness and harmonious tannins on the clinging, blue-fruit-tinged finish. 85% used barriques and 15% stainless steel.❞ – Josh Raynolds, Vinous (December 2019)
- 93 POINTS – Decanter World Wine (October 2018)
- 91 POINTS – Jeb Dunnuck (August 2019)
- 91 POINTS – Vinous, Antonio Galloni (December 2019)
CÔTES DU RHÔNE LA CHAPELLE
50% Grenache / 50% Syrah
» La Chapelle is a fruit driven red wine designed for an instant pleasure.
» Made naturally from very low yield old Grenache associated with Syrah, its round and supple tannins fully express red fruit aromas when consumed young.
» This wine is the ideal companion of Provencal and Mediterranean cuisine.
» Best serving temperature: 14 -15°C.
- The 2016 Côtes-du-Rhône La Chapelle is another great Côtes-du-Rhône from this vintage. Offering lots of blueberry and cherry fruits intermixed with complex notes of spice, exotic flowers, and rose petals, it’s medium-bodied, elegant, and nicely balanced as well. Drink it over the coming 4-5 years.❞ – Jeb Dunnuck (August 2018)
- 90 POINTS – Jeb Dunnuck (August 2018)
60% Grenache / 40% Mourvèdre
» This wine is made from grapes grown organically using natural composting techniques and special preparations of herbal sprays while following the astronomical calendar.
» Harvested by hand and de-stemmed. Each variety is vinified separately using natural fermentation. Grenache is aged in cement vats, and Mourvèdre is aged in old French oak demi-muids for 12 months.
» Produced from 50-year-old viges of Grenache and Mourvèdre, this full-bodied red wine is tannic and full of dark berry aromas.
CHÂTEAUNEUF-DU-PAPE LE SONGE DE CATHERINE
» 2016 is without any doubt one of the greatest vintages of the appellation since 1998. The wines are powerful, elegant, well balanced and have a great freshness. This predicts a great aging potential. 4000 bottles were produced.
» The vines of this plot, Le Grand Dévès lieu-dit near the village of Châteauneuf-du-Pape, are on average 60 years old.
» The soils are mainly composed of cretaceous limestone slabs called lauzes. This type of soil, rare on the appellation, gives the red wines freshness, elegance and a beautiful balance.
» 40% of whole clusters. Fermentation with natural yeasts for a 4 to 5-week-maceration in concrete tanks. Ageing during 24 months in old French oak demi-muids.
- The 2016 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Le Songe de Catherine is 100% Grenache that was partially destemmed and brought up in demi-muids. Ripe, opulent notes of red currants, blackberries, toasted spice, graphite, and candle wax all give way to a rounded, sexy 2016 that has sweet tannin, beautiful purity of fruit, and impressive concentration. It’s beautifully done, layered, and incredibly well-balanced.❞ – Jeb Dunnuck (August 2018)
- Deep shimmering crimson. Expressive aromas of raspberry, cherry compote and candied lavender are complemented by a smoky mineral topnote. Appealingly sweet and expansive on the palate, offering intense red and blue fruit preserve and spicecake flavors that deepen and spread out steadily with aeration. Candied licorice and baking spice notes appear on a very long, supple finish that features rounded tannins and a suave touch of florality. Raised in used demi-muids for 18 months.❞ – Josh Raynolds, Vinous (December 2019)
- 95 POINTS – Jeb Dunnuck (August 2018)
- 93 POINTS – Vinous, Antonio Galloni (December 2019)