FRANCE | SOUTHERN RHÔNE
Through wine, Nature offers us a sublime and unique opportunity to create and share emotions, to receive and pass on a precious know-how coming from the ages. Sometimes even adding our own little twist to it.
A UNIQUE TERROIR
For centuries, Châteauneuf-du-Pape has given birth to exceptional wines that defy time and fascinate the wine lovers.
This place finds its everlasting magic in the divine trilogy formed by the sun, the wind and the well-known round pebbles. But Terroir is nothing without the sweat of men.
THE TEAM, A COMMON PASSION
Running a vineyard is like sailing and exploration. It is a human adventure where everyone plays a small role in the search for excellence. However this great ambition is only possible with humility and respect for all the elements that we never truly control but that make the journey thrilling.
OUR PROJECT: RECEIVE AND PASS ON
- Dedicating our energy and passion to the service of the historical terroir of Châteauneuf du Pape, a pearl of the French Cultural heritage.
- Playing our modest part to creating a healthy, sustainable and harmonious agriculture.
- Passing on our knowledge to the future generations so that the adventure goes on!
CHÂTEAUNEUF-DU-PAPE CATARINA BLANC
- An attractive expression of Clairette - floral freshness on the nose, followed by a little fennel freshness on the palate. It's gently plump, with acidity on the low side, but the aromatic brightness makes up for it. Full, rounded body, with ample puppy fat. Touch of almond nougat on the finish. Very Provençale. Organically grown on galets roulés and limestone terroir, it's fermented in 70% demi-muid (the rest in stainless steel) and then it's all aged for nine months in demi-muid.❞ – Matt Walls, Decanter World Wine (September 2019)
- 93 POINTS – Decanter World Wine (September 2019)
CHÂTEAUNEUF-DU-PAPE CATARINA ROUGE
90% Grenache + 10% Syrah
- Saturated ruby. A deeply perfumed bouquet evokes ripe cherry, Chambord, exotic spices and garrigue, and a suave potpourri nuance builds in the glass. Broad and pliant in the mouth, offering plush red and blue fruit, spicecake and candied lavender flavors supported and energized by an undercurrent of juicy acidity. Round, slowly building tannins add shape to a long, spicy finish that leaves cherry liqueur and succulent herb notes behind.❞ – Josh Raynolds, Vinous (September 2021)
- Lots of black raspberries, dried flowers, Provençal garrigue, and sandalwood notes emerge from the 2019 Châteauneuf Du Pape Catarina, a 100% Grenache cuvée from a handful of terroirs that was raised all in neutral oak. Medium to full-bodied and elegant, with a great finish, it’s well worth following over the coming 10-15 years.❞ – Jeb Dunnuck (January 25, 2022)
- 93 POINTS – Vinous (September 2021)
- 92 POINTS – Jeb Dunnuck (January 25, 2022)
CHÂTEAUNEUF-DU-PAPE LE SONGE DE CATHERINE
» 2016 is without any doubt one of the greatest vintages of the appellation since 1998. The wines are powerful, elegant, well balanced and have a great freshness. This predicts a great aging potential. 4000 bottles were produced.
» The vines of this plot, Le Grand Dévès lieu-dit near the village of Châteauneuf-du-Pape, are on average 60 years old.
» The soils are mainly composed of cretaceous limestone slabs called lauzes. This type of soil, rare on the appellation, gives the red wines freshness, elegance and a beautiful balance.
» 40% of whole clusters. Fermentation with natural yeasts for a 4 to 5-week-maceration in concrete tanks. Ageing during 24 months in old French oak demi-muids.
- The 2016 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Le Songe de Catherine is 100% Grenache that was partially destemmed and brought up in demi-muids. Ripe, opulent notes of red currants, blackberries, toasted spice, graphite, and candle wax all give way to a rounded, sexy 2016 that has sweet tannin, beautiful purity of fruit, and impressive concentration. It’s beautifully done, layered, and incredibly well-balanced.❞ – Jeb Dunnuck (August 2018)
- Deep shimmering crimson. Expressive aromas of raspberry, cherry compote and candied lavender are complemented by a smoky mineral topnote. Appealingly sweet and expansive on the palate, offering intense red and blue fruit preserve and spicecake flavors that deepen and spread out steadily with aeration. Candied licorice and baking spice notes appear on a very long, supple finish that features rounded tannins and a suave touch of florality. Raised in used demi-muids for 18 months.❞ – Josh Raynolds, Vinous (December 2019)
- 95 POINTS – Jeb Dunnuck (August 2018)
- 93 POINTS – Vinous, Antonio Galloni (December 2019)
CÔTES DU RHÔNE LA CHAPELLE
50% Grenache / 50% Syrah
» La Chapelle is a fruit driven red wine designed for an instant pleasure.
» Made naturally from very low yield old Grenache associated with Syrah, its round and supple tannins fully express red fruit aromas when consumed young.
» This wine is the ideal companion of Provencal and Mediterranean cuisine.
» Best serving temperature: 14 -15°C.
- The 2016 Côtes-du-Rhône La Chapelle is another great Côtes-du-Rhône from this vintage. Offering lots of blueberry and cherry fruits intermixed with complex notes of spice, exotic flowers, and rose petals, it’s medium-bodied, elegant, and nicely balanced as well. Drink it over the coming 4-5 years.❞ – Jeb Dunnuck (August 2018)
- 90 POINTS – Jeb Dunnuck (August 2018)
60% Grenache / 40% Mourvèdre
» This wine is made from grapes grown organically using natural composting techniques and special preparations of herbal sprays while following the astronomical calendar.
» Harvested by hand and de-stemmed. Each variety is vinified separately using natural fermentation. Grenache is aged in cement vats, and Mourvèdre is aged in old French oak demi-muids for 12 months.
» Produced from 50-year-old viges of Grenache and Mourvèdre, this full-bodied red wine is tannic and full of dark berry aromas.
VIN DE FRANCE 'YAMAKASI'
60% Grenache, 20% Syrah, 20% Cinsault
» Yamakasi is a fruit driven wine that is immediately enjoyable. » Made naturally from low yield (30 hl/ha) old vines, it is delicate on the pallet with supple tannins that provide a good structure on which the vibrant freshness and prominent red fruit aromas of the grapes are fully expressed.
» Adhering to the Vin Methode Nature, the grapes are hand-picked, vinified using natural yeasts, with no added sulfites, and aged in stainless steel tank. The total sulfite is no more than 15 mg/L.
» Often mistaken for Japanese, ‘Yamakasi’ has an interesting etymology that originates from the Lingala language in Africa (ya makasi) meaning strong body, spirit, and person.