FRANCE | SOUTHERN RHÔNE
A UNIQUE TERROIR
For centuries, Châteauneuf-du-Pape has given birth to exceptional wines that defy time and fascinate the wine lovers.
This place finds its everlasting magic in the divine trilogy formed by the sun, the wind and the well-known round pebbles. But Terroir is nothing without the sweat of men.
THE TEAM, A COMMON PASSION
Running a vineyard is like sailing and exploration. It is a human adventure where everyone plays a small role in the search for excellence. However this great ambition is only possible with humility and respect for all the elements that we never truly control but that make the journey thrilling.
OUR PROJECT: RECEIVE AND PASS ON
- Dedicating our energy and passion to the service of the historical terroir of Châteauneuf du Pape, a pearl of the French Cultural heritage.
- Playing our modest part to creating a healthy, sustainable and harmonious agriculture.
- Passing on our knowledge to the future generations so that the adventure goes on!
The Catarina is not a typical Chateauneuf-du-Pape blend of grapes. It is 100% Grenache but it is a blend of different soil types—from round pebbles that give structure; limestone that gives freshness, and sand that contributes finesse.
Moreover, the plants are on average 60+ years old. With the combination of strength and elegance, this is deemed the best vintage of the decade since 2007. But unlike the 2007 that needs five to six years to fully express, the 2016 already gives superb drinking pleasure in its primary years.
- 94 POINTS – Jeb Dunnuck (October 2017)
- Available at BC Liquor Stores