ITALY | CAMPANIA
Nestled in the picturesque slopes of Mount Taburno is a medieval village of Torresuco where 150 years ago the Rillo family planted their first vines of Fontanavecchia. Over the years, they have shared the fruits of their passion with the community, the nation, and ultimately with the rest of the world today. Their DOCclassified production region of Sannio is where the traditional grapes of Aglianico and Falanghina find their most ideal habitat. Today, Libero Rillo and his father, Orazio, work their vines with a passion and craftsmanship that have been passed on for generations. Their dedications lie not only to the land and the environment, but also the welfare of the community. With their continuous improvements in viticultural technique, they have come to produce wines have won awards year after year.
PREVIOUS LABEL (2016 VINTAGE)
FALANGHINA DEL SANNIO DOC
Made with hand-picked grapes from a low-yielding, estate-managed, eco-friendly, single vineyard. The artisanal winemaking gives this wine freshness, balance, and rich aromas of tropical fruits and a floral perfume reminiscent of spring. On the palate, it is crisp and full-flavoured with a good structure and a long finish. Excellent with appetizers, fish dishes, pasta, white meats, grilled vegetables, and cheese. This wine will age well!
- Gambero Rosso Tre Bicchieri 2018 – “Excellent wine in its Category”.
- Gambero Rosso Tre Bicchieri 2017 – “Excellent wine in its Category”.
- Gambero Rosso Tre Bicchieri 2016 – “Excellent wine in its Category”.
- Gambero Rosso Tre Bicchieri 2015 – “Excellent wine in its Category”.
- Gambero Rosso Tre Bicchieri 2014 – “Excellent wine in its Category”.